December is a great month to finish tidying, tackle repairs to structures and generally plan and look forward to the coming growing season!
Some jobs for December:
- Spread a thick layer of well-rotted manure or fresh compost on empty beds – feed your soil!
- Harvest Brussels sprouts from the bottom up
- Harvest parsnips after a hard frost, they’ll be sweeter for it
- Plant garlic if you can work the soil, otherwise use small pots and plant out once rooted
- Drool at seed catalogues and plan your veg planting for next year